In an effort to avoid LMYA being tagged as a SPAM email sender, the LMYA email lists have been updated to reflect the following:
This update ONLY
affects members that have not logged into the website in the last 18 months AND
have neither had a background check or are showing an expired Background check.
What was done:
- Members that have logged into the website within the last 18 months that have no background check are NOT affected.
- Members that have logged into the website within the last 18 months (regardless of background check) are NOT affected.
Why was this done?
- Members email address have been removed from the database.
- Members have been marked as inactive.
- LMYA sends many emails per day per month.
- SPAM complaints are increasing every month.
- Too many people are not receiving email. They are not receiving because too many people are tagging LMYA as a SPAMMER.
- In order to avoid being tagged as a SPAM sender, I have trimmed the email rolls so that LMYA is contacting ONLY those people that want to be contacted. Doing otherwise is the very definition of SPAMMING.
there are current team members with parents that fall into the category above, those parents must “rejoin” LMYA by using the “Become A Member” button located on the home page. For this case, team members ARE NOT
affected, only their parents or guardians. This means that IF a parent’s email was removed BECAUSE they had not logged in within the last 18 months, that parent will not be able to receive email from a coach via the website until said parent “rejoins” LMYA.
I've provided the link to "rejoin" LMYA here: https://www.lmya.org/site/security/new_member.cfm
Please contact Donald Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have any questions regarding this update.
Did you know that you can check your LMYA messages online? It's relatively simple and can be done usinig your computer, tablet, phone, or other mobile device.
Simply go to msgs.lmya.org
If you are logged in, you'll be taken directly to the messages page. If you aren't logged in, you'll be taken to the log in page, and then redirected back to the messages page.
You can save this address as shortcut on your computer, tablet, phone or other mobile device for simplicity.
Try it out!